- 95% certified organic raw material of the total weight
- No pesticides or chemical based fertilisers have been used on the land for three to four years
- Regular soil and leaf testing must be carried out and water samples taken daily.
- The place of manufacture must have a written policy in place for the management of any waste and/or pollution created in the manufacturing process.
- There are also strict policies regarding working hours, living wages, child labour etc.
- The certified organic latex must be stored separately from any regular latex.
For the typical consumer, buying a new pillow isn’t easy. Researching the best pillow for your needs requires sifting through so much contradictory information; you’ll need a nap! We try to take the pain out of buying our latex by making it the best and most environmentally friendly latex that you can find. If you’re concerned how the manufacturing process of your new pillow impacts on the environment, 100% certified organic latex is the only answer. The Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS) is a material and processing standard for organic latex and finished latex foam. It also covers the manufacturing, packaging, labeling, distributing, processing and trading. To label a product GOLs certified the product must have: