A healthy lifestyle includes your experience when you sleep. It is vital to have a good night’s sleep. The materials, from which your mattress is made are important in attaining this. Labels on mattresses should be reviewed carefully so that you can be sure to take home a mattress that can contribute to your overall health. What you need is an organic latex mattress for that safe and healthy sleep.The Ideal Mattress The law dictates that mattresses should pass standards as a flame retardant. This mandate tells mattress manufacturers to add certain chemicals that make their mattresses resist flames. This can be avoided if you have a prescription that provides for you to have a mattress that is chemical free. The mattress should be void of chemicals that cause health problems such as infertility and allergies. If you want to be certain that your next mattress is healthy and safe, look for the following organic materials:
- Organic (chemical-free) cotton
- Organic (chemical-free) wool. As you may know, wool is flame retardant. It is also bacteria and most resistant. Wool also repels water, so it is also often used in making cloth diapers.
- Organic (chemical-free) latex. Organic latex provides support and firmness without metal or springs. Natural latex is resistant to dust, mold, and mites. It is also ideal in regulating temperature.
- They are customizable. You can customize your organic latex mattress for the fee that you prefer. You can even customize a mattress to have two different levels of firmness on each side. This works if you and your partner have different sleep needs.
- They last long. Latex is very durable and biodegradable. It outlasts other mattress types from 2-7 years. On average, an organic latex mattress can give you comfort for 10-12 years.
- They are comfortable. Pain prevention and reduction have been reported by people who have been using organic latex mattresses. The latex mattresses they use relieve their pressure points, significantly reducing and preventing pain including low back pain. The contours of a latex mattress ease pressure on shoulders and hips.
- They do not disturb your sleep. Organic latex mattresses have motion isolation that enables two people to sleep undisturbed, even if one of them tosses and turns. Water beds and spring mattresses cannot give you this kind of comfort. If your sleep is undisturbed, you wake up refreshed and energized.
- They prevent odors. If you are sensitive to odors, the organic latex mattress is the right one for you. There is a low number of chemicals that release odors. The only odor detected in organic latex mattresses is the sweet smell. It has been reported that natural and synthetic latex have been known to release only 10-15% chemical smells. The less chemical odors, the healthier your sleep becomes.