JOINT INJURIES IN THE CERVICAL SPINE
Have you ever considered using a custom made organic pillow
to relieve facet joint injuries in your cervical spine? Facet joint injuries in the neck area are the most common of debilitating neck and lower back injuries. They can bring about disability and other serious problems as well. Facet joints are little joints in your cervical spine. These joints help in the movement of your neck. Injuries to these joints can cause immobility in this area of your body.
Symptoms and Causes of Cervical Spine Joint Injuries
The following are some of the known symptoms of cervical spine joint injuries:
- Waking up with stiffness of the neck
- Sharp pain accompanying specific movements
- Tender muscle spasms in the neck
- Constant, dull pain in the neck
- Dull pain that lasts for weeks or months
- Pain travels into the front part of the neck, down the back, and to the shoulders.
- Muscle spasms in the chest, upper back and shoulders
What are the causes of joint injuries or pain in the cervical pain?
Why a Custom Made Organic Pillow Can Help
- Overloading of the neck’s and upper back’s supportive structures
- Repetitive strain
- Poor posture
- Extended periods of computer or desk work (sitting)
- Weight gain or obesity
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Poor support provided by the bra
- Pre-existing degenerative diseases or arthritis
Self-management of joint injuries of the cervical spine involves the following:
- Ice compress during the first one to two days. (Do this in three sets of ten minutes of compress and ten minutes without compress, two to three times in a day. If there is no relief or if it gives discomfort, stop using the ice compress.)
- Hit compress after the first one to two days (Do twenty minutes of compress and then twenty minutes without compress, two to three times in a day.)
- Take the medications prescribed by your doctor.
Aside from the treatment care plan that the doctor provides, you should make sure that your posture is good even when you are lying in your bed. It is important for your spine to be aligned well, to take off the strain from the facet joints of your cervical spine. A good slumber in the correct position can help you recover faster. With your custom made organic pillow
, you can absolutely look forward to healthier, pain-free mornings.